Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year!
A bit about Mrs. Mathis...
- The 2017-2018 school year will be my 14th year teaching and my 6th year at Mechanicsburg Area School District.
- I received my BA in English Literature and American Sign Language from the University of Pittsburgh and my Master of Arts in Education from Chatham College.
- My husband and I were high school sweethearts. This year we'll celebrate our 15th anniversary.
- I have two great kids. Sam is 8 and in 3rd grade. Annie is 5 and started kindergarten this year.
- I have two weird dogs. Zoe, is the world's most loving Doberman Pinscher, and Ebeneezer is the world's grouchiest Miniature Schnauzer.
- When I'm not at school I enjoy watching movies, hiking, and reading books. I love "The Walking Dead" and "Survivor."
Let's keep in contact...
There are many ways to get in touch with me if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to talk!
Phone: 717-691-4530 ext. 3136
English 9 - Period 1: Text @mathispd1 to 81010
English 9 - Period 2: Text @mathispd2 to 81010
English 9 - Period 7: Text @mathispd7 to 81010
Myths and Legends - Period 4A: Text @myths4a to 81010
Myths and Legends - Period 6: Text @myths6 to 81010
Twitter: Follow @mathisenglish for reminders, updates, and review opportunities
I am available for quick conversations, questions, or concerns before school from 7:30AM-7:50AM every day and from 3:00PM-3:15PM on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Please see me if you have a question or need help that might require more time and we will find time to meet.