About Mrs. Atkinson
- This year, I am starting my 12th year of teaching. I started teaching in 1997 but stayed home with my children from 2003-2010.
- I have a BA in English from Shippensburg University and a Master's in Teaching and Curriculum from Penn State.
- My husband and I have three children. My son, Jake, is a senior; my daughter, Emma, is in eighth grade; my son, Owen, is in fifth grade.
- My dog, Abby, is the best dog in the world.
- When I'm not at school, I grade, plan, read, write, walk, and watch Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Westworld, and others, probably more than I should. I am my children's person Uber (but they don't pay very well). And this year, I am enjoying watching my son work through his senior year and helping him through the college application process.
- I love teaching and love coming to work every day.
- I collect turtles.
- I like bulleted lists.
Phone: (717) 691-4530 ext. 3238
Period 1: Yearbook
Period 2: Study Hall*
Period 3: Capstone Communications (Fall); Planning (Spring)*
Period 4A: Capstone Communications
Period 5B: Planning (Fall)*; Capstone Communications (Spring)
Period 6: Capstone Communications
Period 7: Pre-AP English
*Available for conferences/question/extra help. I am also available from 7:15-7:45 and 3:00-3:30.