About Mrs. Atkinson
Greetings, students and parents. I know this is a very strange and scary time. In times of crisis, however, it helps to maintain connections to the routines of "normal" life. Obviously life is not normal right now. But as we venture into this unknown territory, MASH English teachers will be offering opportunities for students to engage with reading, writing, speaking & listening and to connect via a virtual platform. For us, that will be happening in Google Classroom.
Participation in these opportunities is voluntary; they will not be graded. However, teachers will be providing feedback and commenting on student submissions. We hope that you will take advantage of this chance to reach out during this time of social distancing and interact with your teachers and classmates.
In case you need them, here are the links to Google classroom.
Students, you've already joined; log in as usual. Parents, if you'd like to join, please email me for a parent invite.
If you have any questions or would just like to get in touch during our period of separation, please reach out to me at
Take care and be well. I hope we will all be back together at MASH sometime soon!
- This year, I am starting my 14th year of teaching. I started teaching in 1997 but stayed home with my children from 2003-2010.
- I have a BA in English from Shippensburg University and a Master's in Teaching and Curriculum from Penn State.
- My husband and I have three children. My son, Jake, is a sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in bioengineering; my daughter, Emma, is in tenth grade; my son, Owen, is in seventh grade.
- My dog, Abby, is the best dog in the world.
- When I'm not at school, I grade, plan, read, write, walk, and I am my children's person Uber (but instead of them paying me, I give them money when we reach our destination).
- I love teaching and love coming to work every day.
- I collect turtles.
- I like bulleted lists.